Mama Diaries

Friday, October 12, 2012

Chicken Butcher

I was practicing my violin, when I heard a yell from the kitchen.  "Woman!"

It was my husband.

"I'm kind of busy," I said.  "What do you need?"

"Woman, get over here," he said. 

I sighed and put down my violin.  I walked into the kitchen to see what the man wanted.

He was standing next to the chicken I had made.  "Woman, you do not know how to cut a chicken."

"You intererupted my practicing to tell me that?"

"This is a disgrace.  Completely unacceptable!  You mutilated this thing!"

Yeah, so?  I had pulled off the legs and wings, and sliced through the breasts.  Then I plopped them on a plate and served them to my kids.  What was the big deal?

"Woman, you need to be taught how to properly cut a chicken."

So now I have an assignment.  I am to go to the store, purchase another chicken, prepare it, and then attend my husband's school for the culinary arts to learn how to properly cut it.

And all I wanted to do was practice my violin!  Oy gewalt!   

15 comments:

  1. Perhaps he could cut the chicken if it's that important then, hm? Hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. Sounds like my husband. But when he doesn't like how i cut the chicken, I make him do it himself. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I like your thinking. Next time he cuts it, and I practice!

      Delete
  3. I think he should scrub the toilets with his toothbrush for interrupting your practice and calling you "woman." I've never met you in person, but I feel quite certain that is not your name.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha chicken is chicken to me, but at least you'll learn a new skill too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, chicken cutting is a very important skill. LOL!

      Delete
  5. I can totally relate. My husband tells me I don't cut cabbage correctly (-:

    ReplyDelete
  6. The idea of cutting the chicken in parts makes me cringe. I'm just weird like that. He called you 'woman'?:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he called me woman. He always does. He seems to think it's a term of endearment. He's a good guy though, so I'll put up with it. ;)

      Delete
  7. The way I see it, it tastes the same no matter how it's cut. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL. I'm not good at cutting up a chicken, so my solution is to buy one already cut up. : ) And I agree with Dana, it tastes the same no matter how it's cut.

    ReplyDelete