Mama Diaries

Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Birthday Bash



I have finally finished digging myself out from under the mounds of chocolate and piles of candy wrappers. Let me just say, it was quite a party!  For those of you who may just be tuning in, we had a chocolate-themed birthday party for my eleven-year-old daughter.  You can see from the pictures, that there was quite a lot of chocolate!  In fact, when the parents showed up to drop off their kids, they couldn't believe their eyes.  "It really is a chocolate party!" they said.

 A couple of parents actually looked a little concerned about it, so I had to show them the vegetable tray.  "See," I said.  "We even have some healthy stuff."

They looked at me skeptically.

Needless to say, not one vegetable got eaten, but the girls had a great time.  I found out that they are all experts at the blindfolded candy guessing contest.  The girls had to identify the candy just by taste, and not one girl made a mistake.  Unbelievable!



The next morning when I came downstairs, I found five girls stuffing their faces with candy.

"Hi, Mom!" they said.

"Nice breakfast," I said. 

"This is the best!" one girl said.  "Can we live here?"

Yeah.  Just what I need.  Five more daughters! 

24 comments:

  1. Haha...Sounds like a great time. What an awesome idea for a party. I'm sure any kid (and some adults, like me) would love a party like this. :) Glad you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really can't go wrong with a chocolate party!

      Delete
  2. LOL..that chocolate guessing game sure sounds fun! Girls and chocolates..I was telling my best friend about your chocolate themed party and her eyes just lit up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like you should definitely have one of your own!

      Delete
  3. Wow! Sounds like a lovely party and every girls dream come true. Do you realise that we sort of missed out on the many parties when we were small?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sad! I'm sorry to hear that. You'll have to come over to my place. We have lots of parties!

      Delete
  4. *LOL* That looks awesome! I'm happy everything went well. I had a little chocolate cake for my birthday. One with smiley faces since my son picked it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love chocolate cakes with smiley faces! Your son rocks!

      Delete
  5. LOL Sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like an awesome time was had by all, you always adopt pets, what's a few more kids? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, sure. I'll just add them to my collection. LOL!

      Delete
  7. Watch out Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Sherry's in the house. Sounda like the girls had fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! They had a great time. And they did watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!

      Delete
  8. Sounds like everyone had a great time. All that chocolate. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How strange. I thought they would devour the veggies first (just kidding).

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wonder if they could have identified the vegetables blindfolded? =P

    What a fun party, Sherry!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sherry, you didn't mention how much chocolate you ate?
    What's five more kids? LOL :)

    ReplyDelete