Mama Diaries

Thursday, October 18, 2012

New Favorite Snack

"Mom," my eleven-year-old daughter said.  "I have a new favorite snack."

"Oh, yeah," I said.  "What's that?"

"Sugar cubes."

What?  I had expected to hear it was some sort of chip or cookie.  Sugar cubes were not on the radar screen.  "You're kidding," I said.  "Why are sugar cubes your new favorite snack?"

"Our teacher fed them to us in school."

I couldn't believe it.  Teachers are feeding our kids sugar cubes in school?  This needed a serious explaination!  "What do you mean, your teacher was feeding you sugar cubes in school?"

"We did a science experiment with them, and since we were good, our teacher let us eat them when we were done."

Oh.

"Listen kid," I said.  "You're not eating sugar cubes here!  You had better find a new favorite snack.  How about a banana?"

She gave me a funny look and walked away.

So much for bananas.

16 comments:

  1. Maybe bananas STUFFED with sugar cubes . . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom used to let us slice a banana and sprinkle sugar on it. It was delicious, but I never let my kids do it. My mom let us have way too much sugar.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd better not tell my daughter about this, or she'll be requesting a banana sprinkled with sugar!

      Delete
  3. Bananas are nasty anyway, I'd rather have the sugar cube too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Hey now, I like bananas, and they help repel mosquitos!

      Delete
  4. LOL. Love this post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. *LOL* Sugar cubes for your daughter and flour for your son. Funny taste buds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It must've been a fun science experiment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they were trying to make a sinkhole using the sugar cubes on saltine crackers. I have no idea how that worked - or why the teacher fed them the sugar cubes and not the saltine crackers. :)

      Delete
  7. LOL. How can you compare sugar cubes with banana?

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL..I just love reading your posts in the morning. It has become a happy ritual. I also can't help laughing out loud at Judy's reply.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're enjoying my silly life! Yes, Judy's comment was hilarious!

      Delete