Mama Diaries

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Luigi's Mustache

Happy Halloween everybody!  Hope you're enjoying the day.  My kids just got back from trick-or-treating, and let me tell you, they have quite a stash!  They're munching away, and sipping on hot chocolate.  Major sugar overload!

So, let me tell you about Luigi's mustache.  Bubba is obsessed with Mario Brothers video games.  Naturally, he had to be a Mario Bro character.  Since he had previously been Mario, this year he opted for Luigi.  Three hours before trick-or-treating began, he donned his costume and begged to put on the Luigi mustache. 

"No, Bubba," I said.  "It's way too early!"

"But Mama, I want to wear it!"

"Negative Houston!"

He put the mustache on the table and walked away.

Guess who showed up?  Yep.  Our wayward German Shepherd, Schultz.  Apparently he was interested in wearing the mustache.  He stuck his big black snoot up on the table and sniffed.

"Don't even think about it, Schultz!"

He thought about it.  Two seconds later, he grabbed that thing and took off.

"Schultz!" I yelled.  "Drop it!"

He did.  I grabbed it and put it back on the table.

My son came back downstairs.  "Mama, can I wear my mustache now?"

"Sure, if you don't mind dog slobber on it."

He didn't mind dog slobber.  Off he went, wearing a Luigi mustache covered in doggy drool.

All I have to say is, better him than me! 
 

13 comments:

  1. haha just adds more style and makes it more authentic, Schultz was only trying to help out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe next year Schultz has to have a costume (-:

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. Yuck on the drooley mustache. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything I wear is covered in dog drool and sometimes my drool. For example, Elvis Aaron Schwarz is covered in my drool and sometimes I wear him [out].

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha..a wet mustache. My arm is usually covered with cat drool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My lap is covered with cat drool after my cat sleeps on it. LOL!

      Delete
  6. Ewwwww.

    My kids got quite the stash too, which was surprising based on how cold it was (we have snow here).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had snow the other day. It rained, but that didn't seem to stop the kids.

      Delete
  7. Yikes -- kids are awesome that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's a boy thing. I don't think my daughter would've put on that slobbery mustache!

      Delete