Mama Diaries

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Did I Notice Your Book Blogfest



Ninja Captain, Alex Cavanaugh, and Ciara Knight came up with a really cool idea:  inundate the blogosphere with awesome books, and then see if we can get the authors to notice that we promoted their books.

What book did I notice?  The Carousel Ghost, by Andrea Pelleschi.



When I saw the title, I knew I had to read it!  I'm like a little kid, and I love riding carousels.  So if you add a ghost to it, that's even better!

Here's the book description from Amazon: 

Fourteen-year-old Kate's traditional first day at Wildwood Lake Park couldn't get any worse. Besides problems with her best friend and the obnoxious, but cute, boy from school named Tommy, there's the new haunted carousel ride. When Kate goes for a spin, she finds herself transported back in time and into the body of a ghost named Isabelle, circa 1928. Isabelle's husband carved the horse, and the rumor is that he also murdered Isabelle.




Back in the present, Kate teams up with Tommy to solve the mystery of how Isabelle died, even if it means more terrifying rides on the carousel. As the investigation goes on, Kate finds herself growing closer to Isabelle than she is with Meghan. So when the carousel is slated to be dismantled for the park museum, Kate hurries to solve the mystery before Isabelle is doomed to wander the park--and Kate's dreams--forever.


Here's my review:

5.0 out of 5 stars Well-paced Mystery October 6, 2012


By Sherry Ellis VINE™ VOICE

Rumor has it that the carousel at Wildwood Lake Park is haunted by Isabelle, the murdered wife of the man who made the carousel horses. When fourteen-year-old Kate takes a ride on the carousel "war horse," she finds herself transported into the body of Isabelle and taken back to the year 1928. There, she discovers the truth of what really happened.



Carousel Ghost is an intriguing mystery which will compel readers to keep "turning the pages" to learn about the ghost and find out what really happened to her. There's also a sweet side story of a friendship between Kate and a cute boy named Tommy. The book is well-written with believable characters and a well-paced plot. It's a perfect read for kids ages ten and up.    


Doesn't that sound like a good read?  You have to check it out!

If you want to follow Andrea, here's her website  and her Twitter page.

Now to go and see if I can make her notice.  Wish me luck!



84 comments:

  1. ooo what a great story! and the picture is beautifully spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds cool! Good luck getting the author to notice. I'm hoping mine does as well!
    http://libbyheily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think she's noticed yet :( but hopefully she'll see it in her sales!

      Delete
  3. Hi Sherry - sounds like a great read .. I love carousels too ... so interesting - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. A ghost in a carousel that is an original idea, sounds good and nice promo idea too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this blogfest is a fabulous idea. That's why I had to do it!

      Delete
  5. That's a very interesting story. Whenever I see a carousel, especially the old ones with lots of carvings, there's always an air of mystery to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love old carousel horses. I wish those horses could talk and tell you about the people who have ridden them.

      Delete
  6. Perfect timing with a ghost story! So nice to meet you through the blog fest :-) Write on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like an interesting book. Cool cover. Thanks for sharing about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really good book. I'm happy to spread the word about it!

      Delete
  8. I loved this one. Really appreciated your choosing this one to post today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a book that's a little different from a lot I've seen featured.

      Delete
  9. The one thing I don't remember about being ten was reading a story with ghosts in it. Maybe if I'd been introduced then they wouldn't frighten me now?

    Thanks for the recommendation and the visit today, nice to meet you via the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like a great story! I like the mix of ghosts+carousel+body transportation...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, interesting premise. I love carosels and the idea of a haunted one is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This might get my vote for best cover in DINYB, and I've loved most of them. Just great! And the story sounds spooky, which is definitely my thing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Carousels and ghost - two creeptastic things. Sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds intriguing. I love reading about time travel.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds wonderful. I know the perfect person who would love it as a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  16. this sounds amazing---what a creative idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. And yet another YA to pass on to readers I know. Maybe even a gift to a voracious reader I know.

    Lots of YA books out here in the blogfest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed a lot of them, too! It's great to know about them.

      Delete
  18. That sounds really good. And look at all these comments.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love these comments! I hope they result in a sales spike for Andrea!

      Delete
  19. That sounds like a great story! Plus the cover is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oo, I love that cover. Very original! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a wonderful concept for a book. Like you, I love carousels. I also love anything at the amusement park. I like the cover art too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ohh, the cover and title both rock!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the carousel too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, this sounds like a great story and I just love love the cover! Thanks for highlighting this one, going to add this to my list for sure. (I like riding carousels too (: )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'll ever stop liking carousels - even when I'm 92 years old. LOL!

      Delete
  25. What an intriguing story. I'd love to read The Carousal Ghost too. Sounds lika a mytery that needs to be solved by reading!

    Nas

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love carousals, too, and the cover image for the book you are featuring is wonderful. I'm really enjoying this blogfest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed reading all the selections from the blogfest, too. What a great idea it was!

      Delete
  27. It does sound like a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Cool cover. Has a rustic feel.
    Thanks for participating in our blogfest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for cohosting this! It was a fantastic idea, and I'm glad I was a part of it!

      Delete
  29. I love the phrase, "a haunted carousel ride."

    ReplyDelete
  30. That cover is so intriguing! I love the premise. Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming up with this blogfest! It was a fantastic idea!

      Delete
  31. What's freaky is I was writing about carousels in my WIP yesterday. Thanks, Sherry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I hope your book gets published. I'd love to read it!

      Delete
  32. Looks like a ghost story and a little time travel all mixed together, which could make a very good read. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  33. This sounds awesome! I'm definitely adding it to my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow, this sounds pretty intense! Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love the cover! Sounds like a fun mystery, too.

    ReplyDelete
  36. It most certainly sounds like a great read. I also like the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Ohhh. Intriguing. Happy blog hopping!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. That does sound like a good book! My kids love riding the carousel :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Carousel does sound like an interesting read. Haunted equipment and time travel. Cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Another new author and new book. This is what makes these Blogfests so much fun.

    And seeing you are a childrens author, I run a Childrens Author series every December just in time for the holidays. Just reply at my blog and we'll set it up.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Some of those carousel horses are pretty creepy so I can see where the idea for this book came from. Another one for the to-read list! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I guess some can be creepy. I had never really thought of that.

      Delete